Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

placepot etc

Options
  • 15-03-2011 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

hi lads

Dont usually bet a lot, had a good few wins at cheltenham today so im thinking of trying a placepot tomorrow for the craic..

I dont know a lot about the bet, from what i gather i pick a horse from the first 6 races and my horse can come anywhere between 1-3..

how are the odds etc added up.

Has anyone any better ideas of bets i can try i have my eye on a few horses fot example have my eye on 3 horses in the one race is there any typr of bet i can place to make the payout more interesting

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If you like 3 in one race you can do a reverse treble forecast click the green Fore/Tricasts icon on PP card.

The placepot can be quite tempting when a lot of longish priced horses are running, not sure how odds are arrived at mind you.

here are the Cheltenham placepot returns over the last 3 years

http://placepot.tote-betting.net/racecourse/cheltenham.php
    Wednesday, 14th April 2010 £2,453.70
    Friday, 19th March 2010 £41,288.40
    Thursday, 18th March 2010 £1,180.70
    Wednesday, 17th March 2010 £2,756.80

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭scheister

the odds in a placepot are the dividents from a pool. what the tote do is take all the money in the pool take x% off the top and the remainder is divided by all the winning tickets. thats why if there is a few big priced places or alot of Favs fall the divident it bigger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Done mine for today, total stake £3.20 (10p per line) Yesterdays return was a modest £60.60.

Advertisement