Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does it mean:"WE GO TO DUNNES AN IRISH STORE EIRENN our own people"

Options
  • 15-03-2011 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hi everyone. My non Irish friend opened Ladies fashion shop in one of the townes in North East. After a few months of opening she received letter
    "WE GO TO DUNNES AN IRISH STORE EIRENN our own people".
    How would you interpret this.Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,249 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I would interpret it as misguided nationalism or possibly racism. That you friend will be spending any income form the shop locally and that Dunnes buy most of their clothes internationally proves the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Basilio wrote: »
    Hi everyone. My non Irish friend opened Ladies fashion shop in one of the townes in North East. After a few months of opening she received letter
    "WE GO TO DUNNES AN IRISH STORE EIRENN our own people".
    How would you interpret this.Thanks.

The North east......

Dundalk perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 PCTHUG

How would you interpret this
    As idiots being idiots.
    Also while my own Irish is sadly awful could better informed people comment on the lack of fada on the E ?
    Hope your friends shop does well ignore the morons everycountry has them ;)

Advertisement