Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Logo Design?

Options
  • 15-03-2011 4:42pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys does anyone know a way of getting a really cheap logo designed? I'm just looking for something very simple really - for a new website - I really want something nice but I don't have budget for it. I was thinking of doing the crowdsourcing thing but they seem to have got a lot more expensive these days.

If anyone here would be interested in a quick nixer please let me know!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

I could do one for you. PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Send me a pm there of what you're looking for zascar and I'll try come up with something :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

This might be of some value - www.tweak.com - lets you create your own logo from some stock designs. I came across it yesterday and have been happily designing logos, brochures and business cards for imaginary companies since then.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Many thanks for the replies and the PM's guys. That tweak site looks interesting I'll give it a shot.

My logo really needs to be very very simple - I only need a decent appropriate typeface I'm not even looking for a 'log emblem etc as such.

I've been looking on dafont and font squirrel for appropriate fonts. Does anyone know a asite where you can put in the text you desire and see your text displayed in loads of different fonts in a big list?

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭ifah

I recently used the company below for Logo Design -
    http://logodesignguarantee.co.uk/packages.php

I took a £29 special offer they had for 12 designs and unlimited revisions

They took every one of my suggestions onboard and i'm very happy with the finished product.

Website is not live yet but i'll pm you the test address so you can see the logo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Zascar wrote: »
    Many thanks for the replies and the PM's guys. That tweak site looks interesting I'll give it a shot.

My logo really needs to be very very simple - I only need a decent appropriate typeface I'm not even looking for a 'log emblem etc as such.

I've been looking on dafont and font squirrel for appropriate fonts. Does anyone know a asite where you can put in the text you desire and see your text displayed in loads of different fonts in a big list?

Yes, Dafont does that.

http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=304&text=Zascar&fpp=50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

The troubles with tweak and crowdsourcing include:

* Minimal thought or research put into designing your identity, so the very important first impressions risk being poor.
    * Not unique, might lead to issues
    * Only two formats produced
    * Fingers crossed that there's no colour issues
    * No banner version, might work if you're lucky
    * No black and white version, might work if you're lucky
    * No reversed out version, might work if you're lucky
    * No biz card version
    * No letterhead version
    * Might work at small or icon sizes if you're lucky
    * Might work at large sizes if you're lucky

As Zascar has no budget, using just a bit of typefacing is probably the best solution as long as attention is paid to some the above points.

gl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Zascar wrote: »
    Does anyone know a asite where you can put in the text you desire and see your text displayed in loads of different fonts in a big list?

I think this is what you're looking for - http://new.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/

or else if you mean by putting in just text, try dafont.com

Advertisement