Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moycullen schools?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

What side of moycullen are you living ? there is moycullen school , newtown , tullykyne or tooreeny they are all good . My young fella is in tooreeny i can give you the details if you like

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Aero28

kosmo wrote: »
    i'm looking for some advice regarding which primary school should I register my daughter to.
    we recently moved in Moycullen.
    thanks in advance.

There is Boleybeg school also. Its near Drum where the football pitches are.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kosmo

we moved in the village ant it looks like our only option is the national school.
    which is ok but still i would have liked to have options.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Aero28

we moved in the village ant it looks like our only option is the national school.

Have you tried Roscahill school, Busheypark school, Boleybeg and even Barna school. There are some options for you. Worth looking in to. All good schools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭tomombo

Newtown is all Irish if you're into that.

Village otherwise I guess. Went there sound school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 6leander6

tomombo wrote: »

Newtown is all Irish if you're into that.

Village otherwise I guess. Went there sound school.
    Hi,

We're looking at various primary schools for this sept for our son. Can I get a parents opinion on the quality of education at Tooreeny. Is it the best in the area? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

For small schools, the key ingredient is the school principal. A good school principal usually means a good school. For example, Tullykyne got an excellent school principal relatively recently and it made a lot of difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 6leander6

Thanks. I'm keen some feedback on Tooreeny though as I've heard some good comments on it. I dont have anything concrete to base that on though... just heresay sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭StonedRaider

Moycullen NS has some good teachers and would be my first choice if I lived in the village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

6leander6 wrote: »
    Thanks. I'm keen some feedback on Tooreeny though as I've heard some good comments on it. I dont have anything concrete to base that on though... just heresay sadly.

I know families who send their children to Tooreeny NS and it's supposed to be excellent. I'd trust these people too in their judgement of how good the school is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 GMcFitz

Hi,

Moving to Moycullen soon but know nothing about the schools. Will be moving two young kids so would like advise from people from the area.

Would like to know about class sizes, standard of education, activities in the school and how involved teachers are in the school.

Will obviously be ringing the schools ourselves but it would be nice to hear from parents too.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭39steps

Hi all,
    What are primary schools like in Moycullen area? I'm looking for one that teaches all subjects through Irish and ideally has good facilities.
    What are Tooreeny and New Town like?

Thanks a mill.

Advertisement