Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd Year accommodation

Options
  • 15-03-2011 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Was just wondering if anyone knew anything about getting accommodation on College Rd. or somewhere else relatively close to college next year. Did Castlewhite this year so looking to go into a house next year but not sure exactly where to start with enquiries.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Cillerz

Serbitar wrote: »
    Was just wondering if anyone knew anything about getting accommodation on College Rd. or somewhere else relatively close to college next year. Did Castlewhite this year so looking to go into a house next year but not sure exactly where to start with enquiries.

They're mostly private owned I'd say. A lot of them last summer had sheets of paper in their windows giving a number to contact about staying there.
    Go to UCC Accommodations Office or just generally go for a wander close to campus and ring any numbers you see up... That's what we did..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

What Cillerz said. Also ask around friends etc, there's a good chance that you might know people in a house who're moving out or have a couple of people moving out and need to be replaced. That way as well you could get an idea of what the landlord'd be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

I'd agree with what is said above and I'd also add that you should start looking early and frequently to ensure you get a good house.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Serbitar

Great, thanks for the advice guys. Considered going for a wander alright, but I figured I'd ask anyway, in case there was a particularly effective or more direct method someone knew of.

Advertisement