Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNA Impact Results 17/03 *Spoilers*

Options
  • 15-03-2011 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭

Source

Results Courtesy of PWInsider.com:
    Dark:
    Doug Williams defeated James Tarr.
    Impact:
    Based on how this all went down, I think they are taping segments out of order for different shows.
    Impact opened with TNA champion Sting in the ring holding the old TNA title and Jeff Hardy version. Sting said that before Hulk Hogan tries to overtake the show, he wants them to get out here and face him. Hogan and Eric Bischoff come out. Sting tosses them the Hardy belt and says this is theirs and they can take the garbage. Sting says that Hogan took one of the brightest stars in wrestling, Jeff Hardy, and ruined him with his influence. They acted like Hardy was done as Sting said he can't do anything to help Jeff anymore but he can help TNA. Hogan said that Sting tries to blame everyone else but he's the guy who disappears and shows up when he wants. Hogan said that the only person at fault is Hardy, who couldn't run with Immortal and stand in the shadow of the Hulkster. Hogan said that Hardy couldn't hang but everyone else can so Sting needs to worry about himself. Hogan said stars from all over the world want to join his Tsunami taking over wrestling.
    Sting said that no one is coming to join Hogan and all he sees all the time are just Hogan and Bischoff.
    Out comes Bully Ray, who comes out and says that he's here to prove that people are coming to Hogan's side because Hulk is a star while Sting was just a secondary player. Billy says that Sting is selfish and could never live up to Hogan so it'll be a pleasure to take Sting out. Before that can happen, Fortune arrives to back up Sting. AJ and Bubba go back and forth until AJ slaps him. Ken Anderson then comes out and demands he finally gets his title rematch. Hogan says he's an a**hole and Anderson agrees. They announce Anderson vs. Ray vs. AJ vs. RVD to determine the new top contender.
    *Crimson & Scott Steiner defeated Ink, Inc. Shannon Moore was all over Jesse Neal for losing.
    *They do a segment where The Pope makes a blind man see, then makes a handicapped man get out of a wheelchair and walk. Pope then says he can't do anything to help heavy woman, taking shots at Samoa Joe and his family. Joe comes out and Pope retreats but beats up Okada in the process. Joe finally runs off Pope. The fans chanted "That was stupid."
    *TNA Knockout champ Madison Rayne defeated the returning Alissa Flash. Mickie James hits the ring and Rayne splits. James issues a challenge but Rayne won't agree until James puts up her hair.
    *The Jarretts come out and Jeff offers Kurt Angle a truce. Angle comes out acting like he's all happy. He has a gift for Jarrett, which turns out to be a guitar, then he then proceeds to break over Jeff's head. Angle says he's going to get Jarrett in a cage at Lockdown or hunt Jeff down forever.
    *Gunner won the TNA TV title, defeating Murphy and Rob Terry.
    *Matt Morgan & Angelina Love & Winter defeated Hernandez & Sarita & Rosita in a Street Fight. OVW's Matt Baretta hit the ring and helped Hernandez after. Morgan finally made the save for the babyfaces.
    *Bully Ray vs. Rob Van Dam vs. AJ Styles vs. Ken Anderson ends in a double pin with Van Dam and Anderson. Ray goes nuts and lays out the referee and the ring announcer. He and Styles battle to the ramp and then atop the stage. Flair lowblows Styles and Ray hits Styles with a Bubba Bomb off the stage. They took a LONG time to get Styles out of there after he went through the table.
    Xplosion:
    *Eric Young defeated Robbie E.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

hah beat me to it.

seriously hogan is making tsunami quips - what a fu<king muppet. somebody fire this fool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

pity they didnt make more of the return of the old belt, could have been a great storyline, with him having to win it back off Eric Young

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did Abyss lose or was he stripped of the TV Title :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Hogan using the tsunami????

I know I shouldn't be suprised by this, but ****ing hell this better get edited out.

As the meme goes, **** this company. I'm done with TNA.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

yeah that hogan line was absolutely disgraceful - i mean for f*ck sake can this horrible piece of sh!t excuse for a human being stoop any lower?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Hogan apologised for the comment of Twitter:
    "The tsunami of wrestling wasn't cool,it will never air,it's already cut out,but when your cuttin promos old school and not following a Script like the other robots will no skills, sometimes you make mistakes. I'm sorry,I was on a roll and made a mistake.nothing but love and Total respect for Japan, but you guys already know that. I totally apologize. keepin it real HH4Life.Much respect,love for Japan HH"

My hole he is sorry about it. If he was sorry he wouldn't try justify it by saying he isn't "like the other robots" and try put himself over. Just say sorry and leave it at that.

My hole he is sorry about it. If he was sorry he wouldn't try justify it by saying he isn't "like the other robots" and try put himself over. Just say sorry and leave it at that.

In fairness, I really doubt he went out there with the intention to use the word tsunami. All he can do is apologise and have it cut off iMPACT!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Haha he couldnt even apologise for making a joke about the tsunami without having a go at WWE. Jesus what a sad case

In fairness, I really doubt he went out there with the intention to use the word tsunami. All he can do is apologise and have it cut off iMPACT!.

ah come off it....he should have known not to say it in the first place! the "tsunami of wrestling" isnt a line you just come up with on the spot - it was obviously in his head and he went for it, probably got a slap on the wrist for it by some execs and it was pulled!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

ah come off it....he should have known not to say it in the first place! the "tsunami of wrestling" isnt a line you just come up with on the spot - it was obviously in his head and he went for it, probably got a slap on the wrist for it by some execs and it was pulled!

That's not true, if you've ever done public speaking that's not scripted sometimes you forget the odd word and replace it with a word that's on the top of your mind. "Tsunami" would have been in the back of his mind and in regular circumstances it would have been a good phrase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

ah c'mon now, the guy is 60 years old, he's cut thousands of promo's, if he didnt intend to use the word tsunami in the exact same week as what happened in japan, why did he use it.

Are you serious? I have never heard of someone refering to a group as a tsunami from the top of their heads, it's not a day-to-day word. He knew full well that was going on in Japan and he went ahead with it. And then he goes to say sorry he still has to get himself over? He isn't sorry at all and knew full well what he was going to say.

I bet he wouldn't have said it had the tradegy happened in America. No way would he have called his group a hurricane on pro wrestling four days after Katrina.

Are you serious? I have never heard of someone refering to a group as a tsunami from the top of their heads, it's not a day-to-day word. He knew full well that was going on in Japan and he went ahead with it. And then he goes to say sorry he still has to get himself over? He isn't sorry at all and knew full well what he was going to say.

I bet he wouldn't have said it had the tradegy happened in America. No way would he have called his group a hurricane on pro wrestling four days after Katrina.

Would you get down off your high horse. He made a mistake, admitted he made a mistake and apologised. Get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Would you get down off your high horse. He made a mistake, admitted he made a mistake and apologised. Get over it.
    Plus... it was quite funny.

If there was one person who could get away with it it would be hogan, given his history of asian wrestling etc

He couldn't apologise without trying to take a pop at another wrestling group. That's not an apology.

If Hogan just said put his hands up and said "Look, I wasn't thinking and I'm sorry." and left it at that then fine, brilliant, but you can't help but question it if he uses an apology to get himself over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Hogan's apology was basically him saying "Look I'm awesome, I don't need a script like others and when you are this edgy, you never know what you can say."

I bet he wouldn't have said it had the tradegy happened in America..

exactly.....i doubt you would hear him saying "I'm gonna go through you like the twin towers brother"

and the apology really wasnt an apology as others have noted!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

189082_185100964867271_100001021073676_491231_67402_n.jpg

Phew, back to regular belts. If only WWE RAW would do the same....

Glad to see the new belt I must say.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Hogans retarded comment aside for the moment, im glad they changed the belt and both sides were negative about how Hardy behaved (would have been nice to see something about how TNA would try and help Hardy tho). Ray & Styles really seemed to be just shoehorned into that no.1 contenders match for no real reason also but no matter who it is that they have lined up to face Sting it seems like there are more intent on building Sting vs Hogan to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

is this an entirely new belt or what?

also that was one of the most mealy mouth apologies i've ever heard - waht a muppet.

yeah man like i'm not a robot i'm real and what not - gobsh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 33,338 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Wait a minute...

Victory Road - Anderson V RVD to determine the No.1 contender ends in a double count-out or disqualification or something. Tune in to Impact to find out who the No.1 contender will be

Impact - Anderson V RVD V Ray V Styles to determine the No.1 contender ends in a double pin with Anderson and RVD both winning.

Christ....

Barrington wrote: »
    Wait a minute...

Victory Road - Anderson V RVD to determine the No.1 contender ends in a double count-out or disqualification or something. Tune in to Impact to find out who the No.1 contender will be

Impact - Anderson V RVD V Ray V Styles to determine the No.1 contender ends in a double pin with Anderson and RVD both winning.

Christ....

the Lockdown promo poster suggests it's Anderson who will face Sting

200px-Lockdown_%282011%29.jpg

although it's a long time til Lockdown, and he could win the title before then (a triple-threat title match on the 31st?) and be defending it at Lockdown

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Styles will probably face Flair at Lockdown

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

199032_194500807257172_100000917619071_537441_765990_n.jpg

199032_194500803923839_100000917619071_537440_4244503_n.jpg

It looks like Spider-man had his way with the World Heavyweight Title :p

jaykhunter wrote: »
    199032_194500807257172_100000917619071_537441_765990_n.jpg

199032_194500803923839_100000917619071_537440_4244503_n.jpg

It looks like Spider-man had his way with the World Heavyweight Title :p

and Liberace had his way with Sting's wardrobe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

jaykhunter wrote: »
    189082_185100964867271_100001021073676_491231_67402_n.jpg

Phew, back to regular belts. If only WWE RAW would do the same....

Damn you beat me to it, just made a thread of it. How do you delete threads?

Regarding the Tsunami comment, I will reserve judgement till I see it. Could well be an honest mistake. I have seen Hogan mess up lines many a time unintentionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,981 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Looks a similar shape to the big gold belt, but with the name of the championship uglying up the front.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Barrington wrote: »
    Wait a minute...

Christ....

* sniff sniff....Russo went that way!

Advertisement