Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gay Byrne Death Threats?

Options
  • 14-03-2011 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭

How true is this? I heard someone is sending him death threats.
    I couldnt believe it:mad: Who would send death threats to our one and only best host of a tv show ever in Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Heard he wasnt the nicest person off air from people who met him.

Maybe he pissed someone off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

caseyann wrote: »
    I couldnt believe it:mad: Who would send death threats to our one and only best host of a tv show ever in Ireland?

Where did you hear this?

Is it just water cooler gossip or do you have a link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Where did you hear this?

Is it just water cooler gossip or do you have a link?

LEGENDARY RTÉ BROADCASTER Gay Byrne has revealed that he regularly received hate mail and occasional death threats while presenting the Late Late Show.
    Byrne – who has only hosted occasional TV broadcasts since retiring from the Late Late in 1999, and now acts as chairman of the Road Safety Authority – told The Sun that he had previously received letters from people threatening to kill his wife and daughters, and burn down his family home in Howth.

Also in same article:
    Byrne also told The Sun that he had been offered a number of moonlighting jobs while he was working in the UK – including one to manage an up-and-coming band called The Beatles.
    “I introduced them for the first time on television. The third time they were in, Paul [McCartney] said they had no agent and asked me if I would manage them.
    Never knew that either.

http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/gaybo-received-death-threats-over-late-late-features-2011-03/

LEGENDARY RTÉ BROADCASTER Gay Byrne has revealed that he regularly received hate mail and occasional death threats while presenting the Late Late Show.
    Byrne – who has only hosted occasional TV broadcasts since retiring from the Late Late in 1999, and now acts as chairman of the Road Safety Authority – told The Sun that he had previously received letters from people threatening to kill his wife and daughters, and burn down his family home in Howth.

Also in same article:
    Byrne also told The Sun that he had been offered a number of moonlighting jobs while he was working in the UK – including one to manage an up-and-coming band called The Beatles.
    “I introduced them for the first time on television. The third time they were in, Paul [McCartney] said they had no agent and asked me if I would manage them.
    Never knew that either.

http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/gaybo-received-death-threats-over-late-late-features-2011-03/

In your OP you say that someone is sending him death threats.

I see nothing in the article you have linked that says he is currently receiving death threats.

Where did you hear someone is sending him death threats?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

Its Pat KKKenny doing it. He has found out the Gay is the grandson of Wompamba Byrne and that Gay slagged his house.

See the evidence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWdSLWQ-KrQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3xFxaVucmE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8x3sr4cCXE

Dont forget that this is the same man who asked Samanta Mumba "So do you consider yourself Irish? Ah thats great". :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,009 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Perhaps he wanted to get danger money on top of his meagre salary.
    Also in same article:
    Never knew that either.

Had he been The Beatle's manager, they would probably have been a showband until disappearing without trace in 1965.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Had he been The Beatle's manager, they would probably have been a showband until disappearing without trace in 1965.

This, Epstein was instrumental in The Beatles success.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭Demonique

Pat Kenny, what an arse

Demonique wrote: »
    Pat Kenny, what an arse

I wonder does he get threats now or did he or is turbidy getting them now.

I wonder does he get threats now or did he or is turbidy getting them now.

Ja hear a little bit ago that sombody ran up and kicked Turbidy up the arse. :D

• Advertisement

eco2live wrote: »
    Ja hear a little bit ago that sombody ran up and kicked Turbidy up the arse. :D

Wow thats not nice,that man is so thin he would feel it bad.
    Or was that you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

He is a complete an utter arse, not that that warrants death threats.

Wow thats not nice,that man is so thin he would feel it bad.
    Or was that you :D

I wish it was me. Only problem being it would be like kicking a pair of boney elbows.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

Listen,don't send him death threats,just send him a letter or an e-mail,that is littered with bad grammar,incorrect spellings,and bad use of punctuation.

That will send the patronising,condescending,supercilious,geebag apoplectic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Also in same article:
    Never knew that either.

'Is' would suggest that this is an ongoing thing. The article you posted says this happened when he presented the Late Late Show, which as you might know was years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,009 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

fullstop wrote: »
    'Is' would suggest that this is an ongoing thing. The article you posted says this happened when he presented the Late Late Show, which as you might know was years ago.

The fact that he's still alive (or is he?:eek:) years after the death threats also proves how serious they were.:pac:

We already said that.
    Is is what i said and i stand by.Getting them still.

We already said that.
    Is is what i said and i stand by.Getting them still.

You didn't already say it, someone else pointed it out to you. Where is the evidence he is still getting them?

You didn't already say it, someone else pointed it out to you. Where is the evidence he is still getting them?
    I hardly am thick or blind enough to not see the article i posted was in the past :confused:
    I asked is he now still as i heard he was.
    I dont need anyone pointing out stuff to me,i posted to prove it happened before.

I hardly am thick or blind enough to not see the article i posted was in the past :confused:
    I asked is he now still as i heard he was.
    I dont need anyone pointing out stuff to me,i posted to prove it happened before.

Yes and you were asked where you heard he is recieving death threats. So where did you hear this?

• Advertisement

Yes and you were asked where you heard he is recieving death threats. So where did you hear this?

From a relation.Does it matter where i heard it,i was asking for verification of it.

From a relation.Does it matter where i heard it,i was asking for verification of it.
    Of course it matters. Did Gay tell your 'relation'? They could have made it up.

I don't think Gay Byrne will be on this thread. You won't be getting verification from him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I believe on this thread you need to use a published link rather than just quoting a rumour your relative passed on to you :confused:

Like jeebs talk about Chinese whispers!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭DEVEREUX

eco2live wrote: »
    Its Pat KKKenny doing it. He has found out the Gay is the grandson of Wompamba Byrne and that Gay slagged his house.

frickin hilarious

Advertisement