Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building Regulations and Inspections

Options
  • 14-03-2011 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hey Guys

I'm looking for a breakdown on the number of houses completed in 2009 in each county and the number of inspections undertaken.

I've trawled the net, cso, government websites for the last 3 hours but no job only figures I can find is for 2003 in relation to Part M of the regulations. I'm looking for part L, but even a breakdown of completed vs inspected world be great.

This figure has to be between 12% and 15% which means that an alarming 85% of housing built in Ireland is never inspected.

Rgds, Briman

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,254 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

briman,

you will find many many many references on this forum to the lack of building control in ireland. This is not new, and is perhaps the singular biggest issues with domestic building in ireland. At domestic level we have whats called a "self regulation" system in that its the legal responsibility of the builder / self builder to comply with building regulations.

As hard as it is to find these figures, id be amazed if you can find specific Part L references!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

You will get a clue from the SEAI BER website where they publish monthly updates including no of new BER certs and the ratings achieved .

Rule of thumb (only) TGDL 05 should equate to BER Grade C and TGDL 08 should equate to BER Grade B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

Just to add - this of course tends towards compliance with Part L , not inspections per se.

Advertisement