Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBook Store on ipad

Options
  • 14-03-2011 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

My dad bought an Ipad yesterday and is having trouble with the IBook Store Categories.

He is trying to buy Thriller/Crime genre books. However, when we enter in famous authors from these genres like James Patterson nothing comes up. The only categories available are History, Romance, Bibliography and 2 more along this line. Also the only books available seem to be free and the ones that can be purchased don't appear.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

On the Irish store there is only the free books available. You have a couple of optioins.

1. If you get them by PDF then you can copy them into iBooks and read them.

2. Kindle software is free and you can download from the Amazon store.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

Hobbes wrote: »
    On the Irish store there is only the free books available. You have a couple of optioins.

1. If you get them by PDF then you can copy them into iBooks and read them.

2. Kindle software is free and you can download from the Amazon store.

Cheers Hobbes,

I use the kindle store on my mac and its good good.

How would we purchase them as PDFs and does this have the option of any genre and author?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

They would have to be supplied as PDF. If you have kindle on the mac it should whispersync with the device.

Another good one for books is Stanza

Advertisement