Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union

Options
  • 14-03-2011 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi.
    I have recently lodged 14K into my credit union account. I am looking for a car and I don't really know when and where Ill find my new car.

Anyway, I am currently looking at a few cars and when I find the right one Ill buy there and then, my question is:

For me to lift 10K in the credit union, do I need to give any notice or do they have that kind of money?

Thank you.
    Helen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Nobody will hand over that amount of cash in one transaction. Most places impose a daily limit for cash withdrawals, if nothing else the sign to that effect in the branch deters bank robbers as it implies that there is a limited amount of cash in the branch.

For a car purchase you'd normally get a draft which the garage will accept. If you're buying privately you can ask the seller to go to the credit union with you and when they see the teller hand over the draft they should be happy that it's not a forgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Kennie1

Do as MJ said but FYI you can withdraw large amounts of cash but you would need to give your bank notice, I recently needed large cash amount and had to give the PTSB 5 working days notice. They very kindly bought me into a back office out of public view to count out the money.

Advertisement