Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change Eircom Router To.....? Xbox

Options
  • 14-03-2011 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I realize this question has been asked before a few times but they are from a few years ago and all the products people suggested are out of date or the links are broken.

I am forever being disconnect from online game play and downloading on my laptop (not at the same time)

I am sick to death of my router timing out every 2 hours, I have changed the setting to 9999 seconds and its riduculous that it even does that. I am wondering what routers are out there that people have had no trouble with, with a good range and reasonably priced?

I hate eircom i really do but they are the only providers in my area!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Hi Aaron_Ragmaan, im using an eircom Zyxel with no problems. The issue seems to be from the modem or line. Can I suggest you hard reset the modem by holding in the reset button on the back for one minute, then logging into the modem and making sure connection is set to always on. With those done I suggest you monitor the modem, if it drops again run to the modem and note the current status of the lights that are on and obviously whether there flashing or on continuously.This will show you where the issue is fast and without costing you a penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Aaron_Ragmaan

Doylers wrote: »
    Hi Aaron_Ragmaan, im using an eircom Zyxel with no problems. The issue seems to be from the modem or line. Can I suggest you hard reset the modem by holding in the reset button on the back for one minute, then logging into the modem and making sure connection is set to always on. With those done I suggest you monitor the modem, if it drops again run to the modem and note the current status of the lights that are on and obviously whether there flashing or on continuously.This will show you where the issue is fast and without costing you a penny.

Thanks ill do that!

Advertisement