Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop to Digital TV using HDMI

Options
  • 14-03-2011 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi I have a Dell inspiron with HDMI connection which I am trying to connect to my Samsung FullHD TV using HDMI cable. The problem is that I can't seem to get full aspect ratio on the digital tv.

When I set the graphic properties on the laptop to "output to" digital tv it seems to go back to the default. It's very frustrating as I am only getting 2/3 of the screen (TV) to view movies from the laptop.

Any advice on how to get full screen output from my laptop to my digital tv. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Make sure your graphics drivers on Laptop are 1920x1080p 50Hz. Many graphics drivers only let you set this if the Screen is not "cloned" to laptop screen and the screen is actually connected.

Choose "Just scan" or "Original" on HDTV input.

Some Laptops only drive US TVs properly.

Note many films don't "fill" the screen. Google OAR "Original Aspect Ratio"

Advertisement