Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do you delete your account on boards.ie?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Why delete? Just don't use it again...

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,165 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Send an email to hello at boards.ie requesting account closure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭bergkamp10

Spear wrote: »
    Send an email to hello at boards.ie requesting account closure.

hi, to clarify, you send an email to hello@boards.ie and just ask to hav old account closed, yes? I hav an old account i dont use and i'd prob rather it deleted now. Does this process remove all trace of your old account or lock your old posts or what happens to your old posts on deletion of old account. Many thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,165 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

bergkamp10 wrote: »
    hi, to clarify, you send an email to hello at boards.ie and just ask to hav old account closed, yes? I hav an old account i dont use and i'd prob rather it deleted now. Does this process remove all trace of your old account or lock your old posts or what happens to your old posts on deletion of old account. Many thanks.

No, the point of closing is that it maintains the history, posts and thus the flow of past threads. Your account will stats account closed in its status field instead, posts will remain as they were. If you need specific posts removed PM the appropriate mod and explain why. As a general rules a users posts don't get wiped out en masse. Alternately, you could ask to have the old account merged into your current one, unless you want to be completely disassociated from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

What are the criteria for bulk deletion of all ones own posts? Personally I have done an awful lot of trolling and ranting. I'd be ashamed if my future grandchildren read them on their holo-pods years from now.

More to the point, who owns the posts on boards.ie? I assume as I am the author of my often misguided and ranty posts. I should have the final say on their eternal retention on the database of a private companies database.

What is Boards policy on the ownership of user generated content?

• Advertisement

Spacedog wrote: »
    What are the criteria for bulk deletion of all ones own posts? Personally I have done an awful lot of trolling and ranting. I'd be ashamed if my future grandchildren read them on their holo-pods years from now.

More to the point, who owns the posts on boards.ie? I assume as I am the author of my often misguided and ranty posts. I should have the final say on their eternal retention on the database of a private companies database.

What is Boards policy on the ownership of user generated content?

From the terms:

http://www.boards.ie/terms/

You own all of the Material you post on Boards.ie and we do not claim ownership of that Material. However, we need your permission to be able to display that Material and in some cases to modify it for best display & for different browsers, for our mobile site, and so on.

Consequently, by posting any Material on or through Boards.ie, you grant us a limited licence to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such Material.

The licence you grant to us is non-exclusive, royalty-free and fully paid, sub-licensable, and worldwide. This licence applies only to use of the Material for the purpose of providing the Boards.ie service.
    As for bulk deletion, as mentioned it's not done generally. If it's just trolly stuff that no-one will miss, the relevant mods may be willing to accommodate such a request.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 baileymay

how would i go about finding relevent mods?
    im a little confused by boards.ie so please could you spell it out for me? :D Thanks!

baileymay wrote: »
    how would i go about finding relevent mods?
    im a little confused by boards.ie so please could you spell it out for me? :D Thanks!

At the bottom right of each forum (not in a thread itself) it lists the mods and the cat mods for that section.

Advertisement