Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notice to withdraw money from bank

Options
  • 14-03-2011 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Im just wondering if you need to call your bank to give them notice if you are withdrawing a certain amount of money? Need to withdraw 4k tomorrow but dont know if I need to give them notice.

Thanks,
    g

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭JDxtra

It would be no harm. They can make sure they have the cash available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Folks,

Im just wondering if you need to call your bank to give them notice if you are withdrawing a certain amount of money? Need to withdraw 4k tomorrow but dont know if I need to give them notice.

Thanks,
    g

BOI have signs in their Camden Street branch saying you should give notice for withdrawal of €5K. Not sure if this applies to all branches or if they have their own rules. Best call them just to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭snugglebear

I agree with previous posts, in my experience it's always better to call ahead, it'll save you time waiting for time delays safes to be opened :) especially if you want to be in and out during your lunch or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

At my local aib if your withdrawing over €1700 you need photographic i.d(passport, drivers liecense)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Many thanks folks. Ill give them a buzz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

Might be no harm to call the branch and let them know. Personally I am glad when I get asked for ID when I withdraw cash from my account, for my own security worse if they did not ask and someone else took ur money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

if they refuse to let you withdraw so much on such short notice just go to an atm, do a max withdrawl. then go into the branch withdraw whatever you can there and do the same in another branch. Sorted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,549 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

SteoL wrote: »
    BOI have signs in their Camden Street branch saying you should give notice for withdrawal of €5K. Not sure if this applies to all branches or if they have their own rules. Best call them just to be sure.

Seen the same sign in other branches of BoI, but no real limit if you want to withdraw to a draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

When halifax closed i went into branch and could only withdraw 1800 at that time. Thats a daily thing, i could have gone in and done the same the following day but i got the rest transfered across.

Advertisement