Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horizontal lines on my laptop screen

Options
  • 14-03-2011 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Have a problem with lines on my sceen. It started off one day when one blue line appeared, slowly a few more appeared over a few months and now, there is loads. All different colours too, red, green, yellow, blue, purple. Also, there is two shaded columns after appearing lately, one to the left and one to the right. These are transparent but its hard to see behind them. Both are about an inch thick., while the lines are about a pixel wide, but there are so many of them that they run adjacent in some places making more chunky.

Any suggestions what is wrong with the screen. how to fix it etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Sounds like the LCD is knackered, replacing the screen probably your only hope. If you weren't sure and really wanted to confirm this, best thing to do is hook up the laptop to a monitor but i'd be nearly certain the screen is fooked.

I'm assuming its a laptop.. paying someone to fix it for you will be pricey enough, 150 euro or therabouts id imagine.

You could buy the screen of ebay and do it yourself, if you felt up to it. Google the model and a guide to replacing the screen and you can take a look at whats involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 DP Kilcullen

There's a really competitive chap in the Kildare Post every week
    Who will access your problem FREE of charge

This will let you know whether its worth fixing

Advertisement