Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland to play Sri Lanka in July

Options
  • 14-03-2011 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭

Scotland, Ireland and Sri Lanka are to contest a triangular one-day series in Edinburgh in July.
    The matches, to be held at the Citylets Grange, will follow the Sri Lankan tour of England, which consists of two Tests and five one-day internationals.
    Ireland face Sri Lanka on 11 July and Scotland the following day before the hosts take on the tourists on 13 July.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/cricket/2011/0314/ireland.html

good the more games agaisnt top oppoositiont he better. Lets hope the scottish weather doesnt put the Kybosh on it !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I wonder what sort of side they will put out....

Negative cynicism aside, this is great news.
    Also, I'm really looking forward to Sri Lanka's tour of England but Its a bit short on Tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

d'Oracle wrote: »
    I wonder what sort of side they will put out....

Negative cynicism aside, this is great news.
    Also, I'm really looking forward to Sri Lanka's tour of England but Its a bit short on Tests.

well im happy enough if they put out a second string team if we win. The ranking points and another win against a test team are more valuable currency that anything else at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

Great news. Hope we get a few more home games though.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,540 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Great news indeed. Would love it to be a quad tournament with England thrown in as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

I am a little disappointed with this to be honest. Given the fact that Ireland are head and shoulders above any other associate nation, and we are ranked 10th in the world in ODIs, I think Ireland should be receiving proper one day series with full ICC member countries, rather than crumbs being thrown at us.

We are getting one game against Sri Lanka, in Scotland. Scotland are also getting this.

We should be getting at least three ODIs in Ireland, and a couple of twenty 20 games against Sri Lanka in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Good news for Ireland and Scotland. This is the kind of exposure they need, Ireland and Scotland learn a lot from these kind of series.

randomer wrote: »
    I am a little disappointed with this to be honest. Given the fact that Ireland are head and shoulders above any other associate nation, and we are ranked 10th in the world in ODIs, I think Ireland should be receiving proper one day series with full ICC member countries, rather than crumbs being thrown at us.

We are getting one game against Sri Lanka, in Scotland. Scotland are also getting this.

We should be getting at least three ODIs in Ireland, and a couple of twenty 20 games against Sri Lanka in Ireland.

TBH, 3 ODIs and 2 T20s is what major nations play. I dont think Ireland will be getting those many games as of now.

2 T20s is max limit any nations can play in a series. It is like playing a full T20 series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    TBH, 3 ODIs and 2 T20s is what major nations play. I dont think Ireland will be getting those many games as of now.

2 T20s is max limit any nations can play in a series. It is like playing a full T20 series.

ODI series are usually six games? Ireland need to play more than 1.5 games against full icc members per year outside of the world cup.

randomer wrote: »
    ODI series are usually six games? Ireland need to play more than 1.5 games against full icc members per year outside of the world cup.

There are so many ODI series where only 3 matches are played. Even last year we played 3 match ODI series against Australia.

Edit: We = India

Edit: I know what you mean, but i think to play full ODI series you need to play little longer. I actullay love watching Ireland. They have something in them which makes me feel they can make a decent side. Excellent fielding side, good bowling and decent batting.

Advertisement