Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

venetian / Masquerade mask

Options
  • 14-03-2011 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I have a fancy dress birthday party to go to at the end of the month and i was thinking of wearing one of those venetian / /masquerade masks. Does anyone know of a shop in Mayo, Galway, or Dublin that stocks these? I know i could buy it online but my mind isnt made up if i'm going to use that costume or not yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

There's a fancy dress shop off Stephen's Green in Dublin (before the Gaiety; don't know the name of that street!) that sells them. I got one about a year ago; they range from plain black to really delicate, hand-held ones. Worth a look!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭tanya2007

they have masquerades masks in the 2 euro shop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 johngavin2

tanya2007 wrote: »
    they have masquerades masks in the 2 euro shop :D

I was hoping to get one a little more authentic than that if i could. but if all else fails at least i will have a back-up plan.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭BabyBirch

I know it sounds weird but they have a whole window display of beautiful ones in the adult shop on Eustace Street in Temple Bar.. not sure what it's called but you can't miss it ;)

BabyBirch wrote: »
    I know it sounds weird but they have a whole window display of beautiful ones in the adult shop on Eustace Street in Temple Bar.. not sure what it's called but you can't miss it ;)
    Is it an on street level or downstairs?
    Thanks everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

It's on street level and called Basic Instincts. It has a black facade, beside the IFI, opposite The Mezz bar.

Do you know how much they should cost? I had a look at their website but it didn't have any. I'm hoping to call in tomorrow and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,634 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

As a backup option you could concider having the mask painted on. Anyone with an eye for detail and a set of brushes, face apints and a bit of glitter will create the best fitting mask you'll ever find.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

You could get crafty and make one yourself - a mixture of makeup and black lace from Hickeys or somewhere similar, some feathers and you can make something totally original!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭lace

i've seen them in the art and hobby shop on the middle floor of the jervis centre.
    the two euro shop sometimes has silver/gold ones, so that's always worth a try.
    i've also seen them in one or two easons stores in the gift/decorations section.
    if you have a lot of time you'll probably find one really cheap on ebay.

or you could try party mor. they also stock them and have stores all over the place.

http://http://www.partymor.com/supplies/party-accessories/venetian-mask.html

there's one of the masks they have, and here's a list of store locations:

http://www.partymor.com/store-locator.html

• Advertisement

I got one in "fun place" beside the gaiety theatre in Dublin. I wore it last night and it went down a treat. Thanks everyone for your help.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sarahjon

OldGoat wrote: »
    As a backup option you could concider having the mask painted on. Anyone with an eye for detail and a set of brushes, face apints and a bit of glitter will create the best fitting mask you'll ever find.

I know this thread is kinda old, but I can't resist when someone talk about venetian mask. I am into this lately. I also think face painting would be a great backup plan. The price of venetian mask is quite high. On other hand, if you have little experience in origami, you can make it on your own. You will find great resources for that. So, anyone thinking about buying venetian mask, first consider making one. It is great fun. Trust me.

Advertisement