Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you chance lodging a 2 yr old (business) cheque

Options
  • 14-03-2011 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I just came across a sterling cheque in an old handbag - it's dated June 09. It was for a small job I did for a UK company. It's not much - aroudn £30 but to be honest I could do with it this month. Do you think my bank would let me lodge it or is it taking the pi$$ a bit at this stage?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Generally they won't accept it if it's over 6 months old.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

chance lodging it and see in case they might not spot the date for that small amount it might not be spotted, rule of thumb is 6 months for a cheque before it goes out of date

• Registered Users Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭phormium

I would not take a chance on lodging it, if it gets past your own bank it could be returned by UK bank, you will pay a lot more in unpaid charges than it is worth.

You could ask the Bank, they will probably advise you get issuer to redate it.

Advertisement