Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical card appeal.

Options
  • 13-03-2011 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi all,

My family had the medical card until recently. My wife has ms and my son is autistic. My income situation has not changed much since we were granted the card last year.

We have been turned down the card on appeal. Is there anything I can do at this stage to appeal again?

Cheers,
    Ted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

your wife is entitled to a long term illness for her medication.

you can always ring and ask appeals and they will tell you - but they usually look at everything. your wife should be entitled to it on medical grounds.

reapply for a medical card and put everything in did you leave any extras out;
    put in payslip
    proof of rent/mortgage
    proof of house insurance
    log book for car (both cars if you have 2)
    proof of childcare
    proof of mortgage protection
    travel to work - how many miles do you travel.
    letter from credit union if you have a home improvement loan

i hope this helps you

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭outsidethe65

Cheers for that.

I have included all this information with my application and appeal.
    They sent an application form for the long term illness book.

My main issue is that I am now paying the extra taxes where if I had the full card I would be paying less.

Is there any avenue of appeal once the origional application and the appeal have been refused?

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

it would normally say on your letter that you can go to chief appeals but that could take 10 months. reapply and put in medical reports from your wife and son and put in all the other stuff i mentioned and state on the form if you do not qualify under income grounds can you please be considered on medical grounds.
    best of luck.

I would ring the appeals office you dealt with because sometimes they are not aware of extra circumstances and tell that about your wife and son.

Advertisement