Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Punto Question

Options
  • 13-03-2011 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

My son's '98 punto runs like a dream.... everything on the GLX works fine.... had a new clutch assembly fitted 8 months ago....however has developed a niggle lately in that when, having started from cold only, going to 2nd gear it juggles as if it wasn't getting juice and then clears of the problem..... anybody got ant suggestions as to what the pblm might be.... doubt if its a clutch pbml as it will take off in 2nd or 3rd without objection.... and when having driven about half a mile the problem disappears.... stop and start again and she's fine....... leave stopped for a few hours and the problem will be there again when going into 2nd -only- :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Realise bearing might not have been changed when the clutch was changed is my guess.

Or a part in the gearbox is worn or maybe the selector.
    Might be worth getting checked out before it gets worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

DI Dwyer wrote: »
    however has developed a niggle lately in that when, having started from cold only, going to 2nd gear it juggles as if it wasn't getting juice and then clears of the problem
    Are you saying that the engine seems to cut out or stall briefly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Solnskaya

Might be a mile out, but have seen similarish problems on a few punto's-trace the fuel lines back under the passenger side wing and have a good look for splits/leaks/signs of spilt fuel. The lines perish and chafe and can be a bugger causing poor power delivery and stalling. They are a beatch to renew. This may well not be your problem, but i'm damned if I can think of anythig else.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭DI Dwyer

Forgot to follow up..... the problem was the cylinder-head gasked cracked allowing small amount of water to seep into a cylinder. This caused misfiring until the water was burned/evaporated off and then the car ran fine.. However when not in use the cycle began allover again when next started.... too expensive to repair so scrapped the car

Advertisement