Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Spay sway" filling with fluid???

Options
  • 13-03-2011 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi,
    A couple of weeks ago my 9 year old cat was off his food for 24 hours and basically stayed in bed for that time. The next day he was fine, eating normal but I noticed his "spay sway" belly was filled with fluid and actually felt heavy. I think the correct term for the belly area is "primordial pouch". Anyway, I brought him to the vet immediately, vet took his temperature and checked him over and said he could find nothing wrong with. I stressed to him his belly is much bigger than normal and anyway, my cat is naturally extremely skinny. His belly went back to normal after a couple of days. Yesterday, he was off his food a bit and again stayed in bed and today his belly is full of fluid.
    Has anyone come across anything like this before? Is it something I should worry about? The vet didn't think anything of it but it doesn't seem right to me for fluid to gather like that.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭SophieSakura

That doesn't seem right, I would see another vet. A swollen belly could be a number of things.

Advertisement