Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team dignitas Irish/UK recruitment tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

First tournament tonight - Signups are open until 18:30 GMT tonight, followed by the check-in until 19:00 GMT.
    The winner will also receive a brand new Alienware M17x laptop with an Intel i7 2nd Generation processor. But it does not stop there as the winner will also be supplied with kit from Team Dignitas sponsors and will attend all UK LAN events for Starcraft II in 2011.

Finals Prizes:
    1st. £750
    2nd. £500
    3rd. £250
    4th. £150
    5th-8th. £75

Please note that the winner of the tournament at Gamerbase may not be the winner of our Gamer Search! During the day each finalist will be interviewed and tested in order for us to find the player that best fits our team.

To register, comment on http://www.team-dignitas.net/2011/3/6/team-dignitas-gamer-search/11358/ with:
    Name:
    BNET Character Code/Nickname:
    IRC Nickname:

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Wait for RM to get a hold of you!

No Irish in it for the first outing. Stream available here: http://www.own3d.tv/live/26133/r2k.

Stream on break at time of typing...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Khazidhea

Oh my GOD !
    I cant believe I missed that ! Looking at the brackets, I dont see any STRONG players that I used to constantly lose to in there. In fact I see people I used to win against go pretty damn far! I am all out of shape but I wanna get into this on Thursday so badly. When do they open registration for the Thursday event?

How did this go so unnoticed? Why is there a lack of really good players in there? Im praying for an easy bracket =\

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Khazidhea wrote: »
    Oh my GOD !
    I cant believe I missed that ! Looking at the brackets, I dont see any STRONG players that I used to constantly lose to in there. In fact I see people I used to win against go pretty damn far! I am all out of shape but I wanna get into this on Thursday so badly. When do they open registration for the Thursday event?

How did this go so unnoticed? Why is there a lack of really good players in there? Im praying for an easy bracket =\

Indeed. Where the hell have you been as well? I'd love to go and try and qualify myself on Thursday but they really couldn't have chosen a worse day. Anyway, Khaz, hit me up online for some games or spam me on IRC (#starcraft.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

^pity for you man:( if you are serious to get into a team, you should keep an eye for the EU teams tryout. in fairness dignitas announced this tryout only about 1 week ago. if i see any uk/ie team tryout i will defo post one next time.

Really wondering why they'd choose 17th March! Surely they know better....oh, wait: we're all nerds and won't have plans :D Serious oversight on their part - unless it acts as another test...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Khazidhea

Where the hell have you been as well?
    I got a bit serious with judo and grappling, tried some competitions. And exams are getting closer, all 11 of them. So I dont really have much time. But its tempting.

2nd qualification registration is up btw.

I found out why I dont see some very good players, because of the rules:
    - All players must hold British or Irish nationality and be located in the UK or Ireland aswell.

So I cant take part in that. But I think Im back to playing sc2 at least :p

Gogo Sinister, Blinn and Funky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭F69Baal

well I posted it here because I didnt see any players from Ireland.

It s too bad you can t take part but it s nice to have you back on SC2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

I played but got knocked out in my first game, was a fairly tough first game but I coulda done better. Would have liked an easy first match to settle down a bit.

Can watch it here starts about 48 mins into the video.

• Advertisement
Advertisement