Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fishing in achill

Options
  • 12-03-2011 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi folks,i'm going to achill for easter and am wondering has anyone fished the loughs there.Are they easily accessible,bank fishing etc.I'll be flyfishing with the kids so easy access to loughs would be a plus.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Didn't fish the loughs but kayaked on one. Only one I know of really is up by keel, keel lough to be exact. Very good access and parking big grassy area beside it for the kids to run about if you so wish! Though as I say i can't comment on the fishing

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

Keel lough has seatrout in summer.... i would expect it to hold small brown trout ....
    rtc wrote: »
    Hi folks,i'm going to achill for easter and am wondering has anyone fished the loughs there.Are they easily accessible,bank fishing etc.I'll be flyfishing with the kids so easy access to loughs would be a plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

fisherking wrote: »
    Keel lough has seatrout in summer.... i would expect it to hold small brown trout ....
    it doesnt look like much of a lough now to be fair!! i thought it was just something for canoes etc, thats the one on that flat plain?? was over there a good few times on sea fishing/session trips:D, often wondered what trout was in the general area,

Advertisement