Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jump poles

Options
  • 12-03-2011 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Just wondering what others do for jump poles? Have just put in a sand ring and want to get a few jumps set up, just not sure what to use. Friends of mine have plastic jumps, looked into prices but at €70 a pole, little out of my range at the minute. Are there any places in the Munster area that sell jumps at a reasonable price or what am i looking at? ANy help greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

you'll usually find some on donedeal.ie or if you place an ad you'll get plenty selling a lot cheaper!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Maybe have a look here http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Showjumps-Ireland/124773187572644

Dont know what the prices are like, the yard where I am has the really light plastic poles and they blow over in a slight breeze. The horses dont seem to concentrate going over them as much as the heavier wooden poles

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Horsetiger

Fillers and Fences are another small company worth checking out if you want to support a Munster business - affordable fences that are built to last in my experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

A friend of mine was selling new unpainted timber poles for €11 each, so that should give you a rough guideline. I've used the plastic poles before and didn't like them at all. Timber is much better provided you paint them every year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

Forgot to mention that you need to ask your local sawmill , anywhere will charge you crazy money!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement