Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chloe Moretz - 14 - wants plastic surgery

Options
  • 12-03-2011 1:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a308563/chloe-moretz-ill-probably-have-surgery.html

This is sad on multiple levels :(

Chloe Moretz has said that she will "probably" have plastic surgery in the future.

The 14-year-old actress made the comments while discussing her plastic surgeon father in an interview with The Times.

She said: "He has some clients who are actors. I mean, I'm sure I'll probably have something done one day."

However, Moretz added that she "freaks out" at the idea of surgery because of her needle phobia.

"I'm scared of the syringe," she said. "I'm even dreading the day I turn 16 and have to get my shots done."

The Kick-Ass star has previously revealed that people take her tough movie role too seriously and ask her to hit them in the face.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I think the thread title is a bit OTT, she hasn't actually said she wants surgery. But yes, it is disgusting that people interviewing her would bring up her Dad's job at all.

But we have to remember, she is 14 so even if she is a movie star, she is still immature and liable to say things she doesn't really mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tigerblob

Also it has to be said that even if she did want plastic surgery, she's only fourteen, and most teenagers are insecure about their looks, you need time to learn to love yourself and that comes with age. When I was fourteen I would have said I wanted plastic surgery but now only four years on I'm much more comfortable in my skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

tigerblob wrote: »
    Also it has to be said that even if she did want plastic surgery, she's only fourteen, and most teenagers are insecure about their looks, you need time to learn to love yourself and that comes with age. When I was fourteen I would have said I wanted plastic surgery but now only four years on I'm much more comfortable in my skin.

Yeah that's what I was getting at. All 14 year olds say stupid or immature things, just hers are being said in front of the world.

I'm not ignoring the very real prospect of young girls being negatively influenced when in show business, but she was probably just responding a little thoughtlessly to a question she was asked. And then it was reported sensationally and possibly taken out of context.

Advertisement