Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction (possible bias)

Options
  • 12-03-2011 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

I received an infraction for a general comment on the basis that it was a personal attack.

The comment was in relation to nuclear power - which I find abhorrent. I believe that nuclear energy will cost our descendants their lives for the sake of our convenience.

It was a strong statement intended to make people realise that radioactive waste is a life or death issue.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71016114#post71016114

I would be happy if the comment could say "one" instead of "you" to further clarify matters (although this would not be normal Irish parlance). Deleting it on the basis that it was an attack on a specific user is unfair as I did not quote or refer to anyone in particular.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

What did dubhthach say when you raised the issue with him?

Is the issue that received an infraction for a personal insult when your comment was general insult to everyone advocating nuclear power?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Unlike mods, I don't deal with infractions regularly. The guideline image above this forum specifies that you must contact the moderator before dispute resolution for bans. It was not clear to me that I must do so for an infraction.

I didn't attack anyone in particular. Do you agree with the modification of my post?

The guideline image above this forum specifies that you must contact the moderator before dispute resolution for bans. It was not clear to me that I must do so for an infraction.
    This is printed directly under the image:
    1. If you have an issue with a ban or infraction, the first thing you should always do is PM the Mod(s) of the forum and ask for clarification on what’s gone wrong.

So, only if you can't resolve the issue with dubhthach, then this is the place.
    I didn't attack anyone in particular. Do you agree with the modification of my post?
    I'll be honest with you, whether it's directed at one poster or a defined group of posters, "you shouldn't be allowed to live IMO. You're a disgrace to the human race" seems like a personal attack to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

It's a valid opinion considering the lives lost and the future of the human race. I did not "attack" an individual.

I did not "attack" an individual.
    You attacked an identifiable group of posters... i.e. any of the posters in that thread advocating nuclear power. That your invective didn't single out an individual is not a defense.

I see no reason to overturn the infraction. If you want the issue looked at further say so and an Admin with look at it for you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement