Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2011 - Predictions/Thoughts/Hopes

Options
  • 12-03-2011 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭

Two weeks from the big start and with preseason done it's probably a good time to put a few predictions up.

Hopeful the Eagles can string a few wins together. The NAB Cup was hit and miss overall really so back to back spoons isn't out of the question.

Top 8 -

Collingwood
    Bulldogs
    St. Kilda
    Geelong
    Fremantle
    Hawthorn
    Sydney
    Melbourne

Toss up between Carlton and Melbourne for a spot but the Blues just haven't adequately replaced Fev and are over reliant on Judd.

Mark LeCras to give the Coleman a good shot again :D

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Two weeks from the big start and with preseason done it's probably a good time to put a few predictions up.

Hopeful the Eagles can string a few wins together. The NAB Cup was hit and miss overall really so back to back spoons isn't out of the question.

Top 8 -

Collingwood
    Bulldogs
    St. Kilda
    Geelong
    Fremantle
    Hawthorn
    Sydney
    Melbourne

Toss up between Carlton and Melbourne for a spot but the Blues just haven't adequately replaced Fev and are over reliant on Judd.

Mark LeCras to give the Coleman a good shot again :D

would ahve the same 8 xavi, except I'd go for your alternative at 8! I think Carlton will finish in it, and a bit higher than 8 too.

Richmond to take back the wooden spoon off us!

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Top 8 is very hard to call this year, maybe 7 or 8 teams in with a shout outside the obvious 2 or 3.

Collingwood
    St Kilda
    Freo
    Dogs
    Geelong
    Hawthorn
    Carlton
    Sydney

Adelaide, North, Melbourne and Essendon should also be in contention.

Selwood for Brownlow, Buddy for Coleman, Swallow for Rising Star.

And Collingwood to go back to back obviously :D

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭seipeal1

I think this year could be one of change....
    Top 8

Collingwood
    St Kilda
    Hawthorn
    North Melbourne
    Adelaide
    Sydney
    Carlton
    Melbourne

Think geelong, bulldogs and Freo will struggle. I know, probably mad but let's wait and see.....

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

seipeal1 wrote: »
    I think this year could be one of change....
    Top 8

Collingwood
    St Kilda
    Hawthorn
    North Melbourne
    Adelaide
    Sydney
    Carlton
    Melbourne

Think geelong, bulldogs and Freo will struggle. I know, probably mad but let's wait and see.....

I don't think Adelaide or Melbourne will get there, but I think if there is to be one slider from the top 4 it will be Geelong rather than the Dogs. Freo are my dark horses to win it all.

Advertisement