Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford to Clonmel Train?

Options
  • 12-03-2011 1:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Anyone know how much the Train is from Waterford to Clonmel? Irish rail website doesnt give the price so I thought this would be the next best place to try and find out. Thanks..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

As usual the IE website is rubbish. Try ringing Waterford Station 051-873401.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,327 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The old prices. Add about 10% for current prices.

Waterford to Clonmel
    Adult Single/Day Return €5.40
    Adult Monthly Return €12.40
    Student Single €5.40
    Student Monthly Return €11.40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Victor wrote: »
    The old prices. Add about 10% for current prices.

Waterford to Clonmel
    Adult Single/Day Return €5.40
    Adult Monthly Return €12.40
    Student Single €5.40
    Student Monthly Return €11.40

Does the above mean that you also failed in your attempt to use IE's website to cost the Waterford/Clonmel trip? Their design specifications must have been to produce the most user-unfriendly website possible and I bet someone was paid top dollar for it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 78,327 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Does the above mean that you also failed in your attempt to use IE's website to cost the Waterford/Clonmel trip?
    No, I just didn't bother.

The problem is the fare structure, not the website as such.
    Their design specifications must have been to produce the most user-unfriendly website possible and I bet someone was paid top dollar for it. :rolleyes:
    New website coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dowlingm

Victor wrote: »
    New website coming.
    Will this one be plastered with Google Ads too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I just think it is ridiculous that a student single is the same price as an adult return and also that the adult monthly return is a lot more expensive than two separate day returns! Pure madness but that's what makes Irish railways so awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,048 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

foggy_lad wrote: »
    I just think it is ridiculous that a student single is the same price as an adult return and also that the adult monthly return is a lot more expensive than two separate day returns! Pure madness but that's what makes Irish railways so awful.

The Adult Day fare is more than likely a promotional rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The Adult Day fare is more than likely a promotional rate.

Exactly - the fares are at a low promotional rate to try to encourage people to use the train.

Advertisement