Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MBNA

Options
  • 11-03-2011 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Long story short, I got a call from MBNA fraud deptartment 1 month ago to say they were being safe and sending me a new card/new online account etc that would be with me in 4-5 working days. After about 10 working days i still had received no card so rang them back to find they had a shortage of plastic to make the cards and my order was cancelled. Person on phone apologised and said they would order it again there and it would be out within 4-5 working days. So no exactly 1 month later i rang back to find that order had been cancelled again. I got no phone calls when either new card was cancelled and only found out when i rang them. They have now put an order in for the 3rd time for a new card and have 'waived' the €55 fee to get card sent out to me asap!!....Basically would people put up with this or should i just cancel my account with them and take my business elsewhere?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭tina turner

dodgey69 wrote: »
    Long story short, I got a call from MBNA fraud deptartment 1 month ago to say they were being safe and sending me a new card/new online account etc that would be with me in 4-5 working days. After about 10 working days i still had received no card so rang them back to find they had a shortage of plastic to make the cards and my order was cancelled. Person on phone apologised and said they would order it again there and it would be out within 4-5 working days. So no exactly 1 month later i rang back to find that order had been cancelled again. I got no phone calls when either new card was cancelled and only found out when i rang them. They have now put an order in for the 3rd time for a new card and have 'waived' the €55 fee to get card sent out to me asap!!....Basically would people put up with this or should i just cancel my account with them and take my business elsewhere?

They're so expensive, you should take your business elsewhere just for the savings....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

In the current climate, you might find it hard to get another bank to give you a credit card on demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

If I were you I would look at changing thats a bit of a joke to be fair, shop around at the main banks and see what they can offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

i'd look around at changing if you really are unhappy with mbna and their performance. as someone said above though i'd make sure i had a card confirmed from another provider before telling mbna you want to cancel.

i'm with mbna myself and have had no complaints.

• Advertisement
Advertisement