Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beach Rides

Options
  • 11-03-2011 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a beach in Galway or Clare where it is legal to ride a horse and that has long gallops?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Afraid I can't help you, but would the local tourist information centres be able to help you? Or would they only direct you to an equestrian centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I haven't tried them yet, Convert, but will now and report back, thank you.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I know some place does a ride to Omey island, so must be allowed (At low tide !!)

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭mariannewims

I know it's a bit further but if you were willing to travel Keel beach on Achill in Co. Mayo is unbeatable. Miles of compacted sand, very quiet apart from daytime in July and August, heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭finbarrk

3km stretch in Doughmore in West Clare. I use it regularaly, its a great gallop, must be one of the best in the country. Pm me if you want more details.

• Advertisement

Vodafone did an add this morning with horses galloping on our local beach. I might be on it, had to sign some form for them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

What?? Not even a bag of oats for the horse :D?

The racehorses were paid for as they had been booked. We will get something if they use the footage of us galloping through the water they said.

Advertisement