Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quilling

Options
  • 11-03-2011 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi,

New to the arts & crafts thing and have discovered I quite enjoy quilling. However, after being in every shop in Dublin I was informed by the lady in the art supplies shop in Bray that it was now "out of fashion". Does anyone else still do quilling? And if so, do you have a secret place in Ireland that sells the paper??

I have purchased on ebay, but sometimes it's nice to be able to go and browse and poke at things before you buy them :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭collegegal

Have a look in Art & Hobby, I just recently bought some of the quilling tiils in there along with the paper....they had loadsa stuff, and they can order in stuff too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I agree, Art n Hobby, or Inspiring Ideas in Blanchardstown. Some people use their paper trimmers to cut their own papers. Hope you find some. I tried quilling ages ago but kept dropping the little petals, and things, so I gave it up. I've seen some nice snowdrops made with quilling and it looks lovely. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Fernscrafts

Have just started a quilling group in Ferns, Co Wexford, Friday mornings 11-1. Its great fun. We have been shredding card to use instead of paper and its much easier to quill. Have made some lovely pictures and candle holders. Next project is a mobile. Hope you found some supplies.

You've made me look up some quilling on Google. I can't do it, but this stuff is amazing, just keep scrolling down:

http://www.lifechilli.com/paper-quilling-patterns-and-designs/

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Fernscrafts

Thanks Jellybaby for the link. Some gorgeous designs.I am a beginner quiller. I have been practising and find that shredded card is much easier to use and use my fingers to roll the card starting of with a cocktail stick to make coil tighter. I use a paper shredder to cut the strips. Thanks again love looking at the designs...who knows one day a small coil....next a masterpiece :) Best wishes.

• Advertisement

Best of luck with it. Its a lovely, gentle art. Pity I'm all fingers and thumbs! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 49 RosieP

Decocraft on Batchelors Walk have quilling paper & tools. I bought a kit from them recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ellie112001

Yea I LOVE quilling, its one of my favourite things to do...

Advertisement