Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Synch people with facebook contacts

Options
  • 11-03-2011 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭

I have the HTC Desire.

I have my facebook synched up with my contacts but not all my facebook friends are linked to it. I go into people and select a contact and select the link and then facebook which brings up most but not all my contacts, it looks like some are missing.

Anyone any ideas, its starting to wreck my head :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Eoin_Sheehy

Syncmypix

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Some may have very high privacy which won't allow sense to access their profile

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

What happens when you go into edit contact, then click menu and Join?

If they're not showing up, go back to contacts and click menu, then display options and tick the tick-box for facebook, then try join them again.

If you want to change from their gmail picture to their facebook one, edit contact and scroll down to their facebook details, click on facebook pic and select "use this picture".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

I have this F-ing problem again today. Does anyone know why this keeps happening every few weeks? I removed facebook app twice and still won't show the picture of my contacts. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I think its Facebook for HTC sense that handles contact sync rather than the Facebook app itself.

I'm using cm7 now, is there any way to have the same Facebook contact linking you get with sense? By that I mean the way you can link a phone contact to a Facebook one just by pressing the link button. As it is now they're all seperate.

Edit: syncmypix did the job eerily well. Didn't even have to link them myself, all automatic.

My HTC Desire used to stop syncing after a reboot. I think its coz I moved the Facebook app to my SD card. Moving it back to the phone sorted it.

Also, in the facebook app, if you go into the options you can choose "Sync All" instead of "Sync only existing contacts". I dunno how it tells if they're "existing" or not, so maybe select "Sync all" and you might get the missing people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Also, in the facebook app, if you go into the options you can choose "Sync All" instead of "Sync only existing contacts". I dunno how it tells if they're "existing" or not, so maybe select "Sync all" and you might get the missing people.

That also adds facebook contacts which don't have phone numbers or email addresses to your phone, and can cause annoying duplication...
    I'd recommend syncing existing contacts in Facebook, then using syncmypix to do the rest (Looks like EGriff already has)

Well in the dispaly options in your contacts, you can choose to show only contacts with phone numbers attached.
    Once you join them though, they should stick and the facebook pictures will show up.

Advertisement