Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edgar Cayce's predictions are coming true?...

Options
  • 11-03-2011 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,556 ✭✭✭

So, it looks like Edgar Cayce's predictions are coming true.

He predicted volcanoes in Iceland around this time and a large rise in the number of earthquakes between 2010 and 2012 that would preface the breakdown in society as we know it today.

Given the rise in fuel costs I think we are finally seeing things starting to come to a head.

Time to buy gold and canned goods and crack our neighbours skulls open and feast on the tasty goo?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Predicting volcanoes and earthquakes will happen is like predicting that it will rain in Ireland in the next 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Pixel8

"The earth will be broken up in the western portion of America. The greater portion of Japan must go into the sea. The upper portion of Europe will be changed as in the twinkling of an eye. Land will appear off the east coast of America. When there is the first breaking up of some conditions in the South Sea and those as apparent in the sinking or rising of that that's almost opposite same, or in the Mediterranean, and the Etna area, then we many know it has begun."
    - Edgar Cayce

Full Article

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭David Matthew

In the next few years land will appear in the Atlantic as well as in the Pacific.

This being the only mention of a specific time in the article, surely would make his claims that bit less credible to skeptics.

I'm assuming the above was prophesized some time in the 1930's? Being generous, we could say that 'In the next few years' means 'within the coming quarter to half-century'. Being generous that is. He may have expected such land to appear as early as the 1950's.

From the reading I've done on Cayce (mainly A Seer Out of Season), I don't doubt that he was a man of exceptional abilities. I think focusing on his prophesies however detracts from the many things he did get right.

Allowing a sufficiently vague timescale, most predictions of doom are bound to come true, sooner or later.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,556 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

In fairness, one of his more exact predictions was that part of Atlantis would be found in 1967.

Google the 'Bimini Road'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

In fairness, one of his more exact predictions was that part of Atlantis would be found in 1967.

Google the 'Bimini Road'.

I did and best i found was
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bimini_Road

so some rectangle blocks in the ocean are proof of atlantis.... ehhhh no....

also they where discovered in 1968

• Advertisement
Advertisement