Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are they out there and if not why not?

Options
  • 11-03-2011 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

I talking about albums by bands or artists that should have more out there.

I'm looking for them on cd.
    The Rolling Stones First album
    Tim Buckley fourth album onwards. It seems that his manager has died and it might be coming out in the pipeline
    Paul McCartney post Ram little of his early seventies stuff available
    Moby Grape first album

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

thesultan wrote: »
    I talking about albums by bands or artists that should have more out there.

I'm looking for them on cd.
    The Rolling Stones First album
    Tim Buckley fourth album onwards. It seems that his manager has died and it might be coming out in the pipeline
    Paul McCartney post Ram little of his early seventies stuff available
    Moby Grape first album

You can buy Moby Grape's first album on cd. I've a copy somewhere that could with remastering but I think there's a remastered version out now. Like a lot of bands, they didn't have a huge amount of control of the master recordings of the their stuff and suffered as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

eBay yo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭thesultan

Can someone tell me where to buy 'Villagers' Ep online. I checked the main site but it doesn't seem to be working. I want to get O Emperor's album too

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

I want to get O Emperor's album too

O Emperor's album can be got here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Beefheart

I wouldn't mind getting "Lick My Decals Off, Baby" on CD, surprised Buddah Records (if they own the rights?) haven't done a CD reissue yet, they done a lovely job of the 180g vinyl edition, but I can't fall asleep to vinyl with the turntable I have.

Frank Zappa

I can't locate the issue of "We're only in it for the money" that features the original version of "Concentration Moon", I hate the sped up version, ruined one of my favourite Zappa songs.

Mountain Goats

"All Hail West Texas" I love this album, but I can't get it anywhere, I assume it's still in print. I guess I just need to amazon-it-up.

Jonathan Richman

"I, Jonathan" his best post-Modern Lovers effort featuring one of the best songs ever recorded in "That Summer Feeling" and it's out-of-print, for shame.

Curtis Mayfield

Has anyone seen his first album anywhere, All I can find are compilations and Superfly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,817 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Surprised so little of Macca's stuff is available - it was all reissued a few years back. But his back catalogue wouldn't be anything like as popular as the Beatles and it must cost mucho money to do a global reissue of a large back-catalogue.

I expect this sort of thing is going to become more common - record companies are losing money and everything is switching to digital only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

smokedeels wrote: »

Mountain Goats

"All Hail West Texas" I love this album, but I can't get it anywhere, I assume it's still in print. I guess I just need to amazon-it-up.

That album is still in print though, you can buy the cd from the Mountain Goats website. It's probably not popular enough to be stocked by most music stores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭teekayd25

Can someone tell me where to buy 'Villagers' Ep online. I checked the main site but it doesn't seem to be working. I want to get O Emperor's album too

towerrecords.ie will generally be your best place to find any newish Irish CD's. Free shipping as well as a bonus.

http://www.towerrecords.ie/product/20_09_2010_14:09:00/HITHER_THITHER/497352

http://www.towerrecords.ie/product/Villagers_Hollow_Kind/491748

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭thesultan

thanks for that

Advertisement