Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army SITREP

Options
  • 11-03-2011 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

anyone know if the british army situation reports/SITREP are available online? specifically for the troubles in the North, around 1970/71/internment time period. If there not anyone know where one could find them ?

Go raibh maith agaibh

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,239 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I don't know about 'online', but they should be accessible in the British Archives as they'll generally have been declassified under the thirty-years-rule.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭tac foley

I'd bet a pound to a pinch of parrot poop that they have all been destroyed long ago. I know that we always destroyed our within 12/24 hours.

tac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Not exactly what your looking for but may be some help. Lots more good stuff at patfinucanecentre.org

Regards,

Gee Bag

http://www.patfinucanecentre.org/declassified/clf_1971.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

You could try the ARRSE website ( ARmy Rumour SErvice ) an unofficial British Forces site , no way such reports would be available there but someone there may know where they could be obtained , though I would be surprised if they were retained.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭tac foley

Delancey wrote: »
    You could try the ARRSE website ( ARmy Rumour SErvice ) an unofficial British Forces site , no way such reports would be available there but someone there may know where they could be obtained , though I would be surprised if they were retained.

See post #3.

When I wasn't reading them, I was writing them.

Thank you.

tac

• Advertisement
Advertisement