Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching courses and the grant

Options
  • 11-03-2011 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone could help me out because I can't find the information I need on the internet.

I was considering switching courses because the one I am currently in is not for me.

But my question is if I switch over to another course will I still be able to get the grand?

Thanks in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

no as far as i know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

dotsflan, please dont contribute to threads here in student finance if you have nothing to back up your statements with.
    People come on to this student finance forum seeking help for matters that are deemed very important to their lives and progression through college and university.

Robshk,
    yes you will.

contact the grant's office where you made your application, inform them of the pending move, they will then advise on what to do.

most likely they will ask you to fill out the form again.

the main thing to consider is... are you still progressing?

If you claimed the grant for first year, you will not get it for first year again. this includes the 1500 registration fee. you will have to fund your own way for first year, but once you move onto second year you will continue to receive the grant payments.

But if you finish first year in the course your in now, can you get a transfer into second year of the new course you want to do. this would save you a year studying, and save you having to support yourself for first year all over again.

there is a great site here that can help you find the answers to most questions you might have.
    http://www.studentfinance.ie/mp7232/maintenance-grant/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

wasnt trying to be smart! just hadnt time to go into detail,

Advertisement