Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant connect to android market - HELP!!!

Options
  • 11-03-2011 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi, I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S yesterday from e-mobile, but evertime I try to access the android market I get an error message saying

"cant establish a reliable data connection to the server, this could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services"

any help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

Have ya tried it over wifi? are your data settings all correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭antz182

sorry I meant to say I was only using wifi, I dont want to use the mobile internet as I have no data plan

Thats odd, Are you having any trouble browsing the net on the phone? or is it just the market place?

Hecklar wrote: »
    Thats odd, Are you having any trouble browsing the net on the phone? or is it just the market place?
    browsing the net seems to be fine, only connected via wifi though, e-mobile's tech support keep passing me on to samsung :(

antz182 wrote: »
    browsing the net seems to be fine, only connected via wifi though, e-mobile's tech support keep passing me on to samsung :(

The cheek of them, its only a bleedin day old. go back into the store and tell them to either fix it there or give you a different one.

• Advertisement

The cheek of them, its only a bleedin day old. go back into the store and tell them to either fix it there or give you a different one.
    cant get into the store in dublin untill monday at the earliest, btw its running 2.1 OS, would that make a difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 centrifuge

Is your sim card in and working? As in, can you make voice calls?

yes I can make voice calls, everything else is fine with the phone, just cant connect to the app market, which is really annoying. Also Samsung wont recognise my IMEI on the galaxy S offer page for the free games and movies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Are you logged in to your gmail account?

You can install apps remotely here - https://market.android.com/

Go into flight mode then turn on only wifi.

See if you can now connect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭macman2010

check your settings and make sure your background data is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭ongarite

Why would he go back to e-mobile? He has no data plan from them.
    Using wifi disconnects the phone from the emobile data network leaving the issue more than likely with his internet ISP.

centrifuge wrote: »
    Go into flight mode then turn on only wifi.

See if you can now connect.
    still not able :(

Its ok i got it working after removing the battery for 5 min, thanks everyone!!

its ok i got it working

antz182 wrote: »
    its ok i got it working

How?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

ongarite wrote: »
    Why would he go back to e-mobile? He has no data plan from them.
    Using wifi disconnects the phone from the emobile data network leaving the issue more than likely with his internet ISP.

Because their being cheeky and refusing to help him out with his brand new phone and telling him to get on to the "MANUFACTURER!", not his ISP. Yeah, it might be a simple fix alright, but you'd think they'd at least guide him through some steps to get it working like clearing the app data and reconnecting to wifi etc.

Because their being cheeky and refusing to help him out with his brand new phone and telling him to get on to the "MANUFACTURER!", not his ISP. Yeah, it might be a simple fix alright, but you'd think they'd at least guide him through some steps to get it working like clearing the app data and reconnecting to wifi etc.
    finally I got through to a nice chap at e-mobile who told me to do a hard reset, i.e take the battery out for 5 min and then re-try it oh and have the backround downloads on, which I have off so I dont go on the mobile internet, speaking of which are there any apps to block the mobile internet so i dont rack up a huge bill unknowingly? I have APNDroid

APNdroid and leave the widget on your homepage, thats pretty much all you need really. :)

You could try something like power widget for toggling off data if thats any use.

• Advertisement

APNdroid and leave the widget on your homepage, thats pretty much all you need really. :)

You could try something like power widget for toggling off data if thats any use.
    thanks man, i'm a n00b to all this android stuff

lol, no bother man, you wont be long picking it up all the same. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Nope, just remotely installed the Meteor app from Chrome a few minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

Same here, it's been down on Chrome for the last few days, works on Internet Explorer though. I haven't done a whole lot of research but I've yet to find any other reference to it. Kind of relieved I'm not the only one.:rolleyes:

Edit:

Just cleared browsing cache and cookies, seems to have done the trick.

Advertisement