Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SD Card Errors

Options
  • 10-03-2011 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭

Would appreciate any advice here.

I have a HTC Desire which had been working grand up until yesterday. I went to browse my photos and it came up with an error message saying a problem had been encountered with the SD card. Any action that requires interaction with the SD card is getting similar response.

I have tried unmounting and remounting the card in the settings menu. (this is only available when first booted up - if an attempt is made to view photos or similar before trying to unmount the card pressing unmount has no effect at all)

I have powered off the phone, powered it back up with card out, powered down and then powered back up with card in - no joy again. Sometimes there is an error message saying card has been mounted read only. Sometimes it says has an unexpected problem.

Also when connecting the phone to the PC via USB it finds a removeable disc but then asks me to insert a disc - it is not picking up the phone / card whatsoever.

I have some very sentimental photos etc on this card that I really want to save if at all possible.

Would appreciate any thoughts on this. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I had the same problem and I repaired it with Windows Vista Tools. Right click in the drive letter, Properties, Tools and Check Disk.
    It solved some problems and it worked fine in the phone.

Regards

thats what some chap on XDA forums said worked for him anyways.
    Crap actually I forgot its not picking it up on the puter.

http://www.htcdesireforum.com/htc-desire-troubleshooting/mounted-readonly-(sd-card)/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Thanks very much !

You were right that the pc could not detect the card to repair. However someone on the forums you linked to mentioned rebooting the phone whilst connected to the pc - when I did this windows picked up on the disc as the phone was booting up and it allowed me to run the repair utility. Looks like it sorted it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Nice one. Nothing worse than thinking you lost a load of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Thomasofmel

If I only would have tried that month ago when I lost all my photos. It seems that the 8GB Samsung cards which came with the HDH phones are not lasting too long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

This happened to my GF phone (Wildfire) she lost everything and we brought it back to Meteor and they guy said he could put it into my wildfire and check would they show up, he done this and becuase the SD card had a virus it infected my phone so we now have 2 Wildfire's that are fooked.

Meteor have to have the worst customer care and the lads in Dun Laoghiare Meteor are so unhelpful.

• Advertisement
Advertisement