Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early season fly fishing on Lough Sheelin

Options
  • 10-03-2011 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Planning on taking a trip to Lough Sheelin late march early april, depending on weather conditions.
    I have downloaded a map from the Shannon fisheries web site which gives some excellent information on drifts worth trying and flies worth trying.

I was hoping some Boards members maybe able to give me a bit more information on drifts and flies based on their own experiences and info on best guides and/or boat hire.

I have never used a guide before are they worth the extra cost in getting to know a new lake?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭BoarHunter

without knowing lough sheelin i can tell you that local knowledge has no price. Always very precious to get a guide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

Fish boy wrote: »
    Planning on taking a trip to Lough Sheelin late march early april, depending on weather conditions.
    I have downloaded a map from the Shannon fisheries web site which gives some excellent information on drifts worth trying and flies worth trying.

I was hoping some Boards members maybe able to give me a bit more information on drifts and flies based on their own experiences and info on best guides and/or boat hire.

I have never used a guide before are they worth the extra cost in getting to know a new lake?

i fish it a lot and i think that the new the guide leaflet issued by the srfb is useful, but word of caution sheelin is a very very hard lough and in march even harder, i suggest you wait a while. if you want more detail contact me via pm.

Advertisement