Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

remove pre-installed apps htc desire hd

Options
  • 10-03-2011 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

is it possible to remove the preinstalled apps that come on the phone without having to root the phone. cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Nope.You need R/W access to the system partition so you need Root afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭ellinguistico

Nope.You need R/W access to the system partition so you need Root afaik

I am rooted, have root explorer and titanium backup pro and still can't delete stuff like stocks, peep, footprints and all the other crap from mine. Anybody have any ideas on what might be the problem? Is it locked in some way? (i did debrand also)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭ongarite

You can't delete system apps from any HTC phones will its booted up unless you are S-OFF.

You might be able to delete them through ADB in Recovery Console or a update.zip script that has been written to delete them.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭ellinguistico

ongarite wrote: »
    You can't delete system apps from any HTC phones will its booted up unless you are S-OFF.

You might be able to delete them through ADB in Recovery Console or a update.zip script that has been written to delete them.

Thanks.How do i get to be S-OFF? Someone rooted for me and flashed leedroid so am relatively basic knowledge-wise.

Advertisement