Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mercedes Exhaust outlet??

Options
  • 10-03-2011 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,512 ✭✭✭✭

Is it just me or does anyone else think this is a funny place to put and exhaust outlet??
    I know these are engines of perfection but what if one decided to "Blow" am odd drop of oil during a race while possible fighting for the win.. Would it not cause rear grip issues??:confused:

170842.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Apparently the revisions they made to the Merc have made it much better. We shall see!

They had quite a lot of "potential" to improve though! I'll be interested to see what development work they can carry out throughout the year because in the past as BAR, Honda, Brawn and last year as Merc they struggled to make any significant inroads on the competition once the season started

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

Most cars exited their exhausts around there last year didn't they? Also i reckon the flow rate of air going by the exhaust outlet would be so high that it would just carry any oil vapour along in the air stream, and not discharge it onto tyres

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

Most cars exited their exhausts around there last year didn't they? Also i reckon the flow rate of air going by the exhaust outlet would be so high that it would just carry any oil vapour along in the air stream, and not discharge it onto tyres

Most exhaust exited either on the top and back of the sidepods or just in front of the diffuser.

Key to creating downforce is to have the exhaust exit over the top of the diffuser.

Advertisement