Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XCode 4 with price?

Options
  • 10-03-2011 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Forgive me if I'm tripping here, but XCode 4 appears to cost $4.99 unless you are part of the developer program?

Was XCode not free? How come I have it on my iMac? I don't remember paying for it previously.
    :confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭sailorfoley

slap wrote: »
    Forgive me if I'm tripping here, but XCode 4 appears to cost $4.99 unless you are part of the developer program?

Was XCode not free? How come I have it on my iMac? I don't remember paying for it previously.
    :confused::confused::confused:

The latest version, which is Xcode 4, is the first time it has to be paid for. It's still "free " if you are a registered iOS developer but that costs $99 a year. Either way it is no longer free :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

hmmm - time to use the pain in my hole that is Eclipse or by the fiver im not sure yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

hmmm - time to use the pain in my hole that is Eclipse or by the fiver im not sure yet.
    It's five dollars. That will barely buy you a pint of lager in a pub. And if you start using Eclipse, you'll need more than one pint afterwards, believe me!

(take a look a the cost of getting into Windows Mobile development sometime...)

Advertisement