Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data from Nexus One to Nexus S

Options
  • 10-03-2011 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Just upgraded from the Nexus One to the Nexus S.

It's syncing at the moment, so I'm hoping most of the settings will transfer automatically.

However, the Nexus S has no SD card so what's the best way to transfer SD card data from the N1 to the NS?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Nexus 1 to PC
    PC to Nexus S

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

Plug them both in and drag and drop. pretty simple. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

Nearly everything done now except Facebook isn't syncing with the phone.

I have downloaded it and have the widget but when I go into Settings/Accounts & sync settings/ its not there.

If I go into Add account and click on Facebook nothing happens.

Peoples Facebook information used to come up in their Contact but not at the moment.

Any ideas?

Do it through the facebook app first. then it'll show up in your accounts after that. :)

:Edit, its Facebook, Menu, settings, sync contacts and then select what you want to sync.

Hecklar wrote: »
    Do it through the facebook app first. then it'll show up in your accounts after that. :)

:Edit, its Facebook, Menu, settings, sync contacts and then select what you want to sync.

When I go into Menu/Settings/ there is no sync contacts option?

There are General Settings, Notificaion Settings and Other Settings but none of them mention sync...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭clacks

There is no Facebook contact sync for the nexus s. All part of the current spat between google and Facebook for world domination.

clacks wrote: »
    There is no Facebook contact sync for the nexus s. All part of the current spat between google and Facebook for world domination.

Really? The Nexus One had it. Grrr :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Contacts
    long press contact
    edit
    menu
    join
    find facebook contact.

Should work?

subway wrote: »
    Contacts
    long press contact
    edit
    menu
    join
    find facebook contact.

Should work?

No, there are is no longer any link to Facebook in my contacts.

When I hit Join it just shows me my contacts on the phone, no of which are linked to Facebook anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

That's bad, looks like it's gone. There's an app called syncmypix that might help

• Advertisement

clacks wrote: »

Then i must very well be imagining what im seeing right in front of me. :)
    Facebook sync is very much present on my Nexus S, most of my contacts have been synced and display their facebook profile pics etc.

dunno how to do screen grabs with this phone though?

Facebook sync is very much present on my Nexus S, most of my contacts have been synced and display their facebook profile pics etc.

Could we have different versions of Facebook?

I have Version 1.5.1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

dunno how to do screen grabs with this phone though?

Thanks for that it worked perfectly for me :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Advertisement