Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog warden

Options
  • 10-03-2011 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

hi guys just wondering the dog warden called while i was at work left a note that he had called and to ring the pound. i had no licence so i got one today. is this enough or will he still fine me as todays date is on the licence

in other words are they leniant if i was out b a day
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Kitiara

you should be ok.Don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭chrisdolan11

so you think hell let me off then ? hope so just never bothered with a licence i know i should have . technically dog wasnt licenced when he called thats what im worried bout

we had that with our 5 as well and we didn't have a problem after we got the licenses.It may depend a little bit on the warden him/herself, but usually there isen't an issue. Just ring the pound and give them the license number to make sure.You should be ok.

snap i gots 5 too . Ha . 2 springers a lab and 2 german pointers. Thanks for the info i rang them the guy that called is off so i left my details with them

:D they tend to multiply outside your control once you have one dog isen't it...?

2 collies, a heinz, a husky mix and a malamute..
    Not to mention 13 cats and 2 horses...:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

It may depends on the warden but I know 2 people in my area that when the warden called they didn't have licences for their (many) dogs, he just told them to buy licences and he's be around a few days later and just to stick them up in the window for him to check.

ye rang him the next day he was dead on over the phone took all my details licence no.s etc and 2 days later a 150 euro fine in the post. hadnt even the comon curtisy to tell me over the phone when i rang him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭SophieSakura

That's pretty mean of him . . . when we didn't have licenses we just bought some and they didn't fine us, I dunno if they ever even called back.

I find dog licenses kinda pointless cos you usually don't get caught, but this goes to show you can . . .

Advertisement