Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who will be the winner of icc cricket world cup 2011 ?

Options
  • 10-03-2011 6:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello Friends now people are suffering of icc world cup 2011 fever, which team you like most in this world cup and according to u who will the winner of this world cup?
    what's about you
    Share your ideas

Who will be the winner of icc cricket world cup 2011 ? 43 votes

India
    0% 0 votes
    Australia
    39% 17 votes
    Pakistan
    18% 8 votes
    New Zealand
    11% 5 votes
    Sri Lanka
    6% 3 votes
    South Africa
    6% 3 votes
    England
    13% 6 votes
    West Indies
    2% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 SuzieDsouza

It has to be Indians :)
    I wish them all the luck. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Renno

You seem to have missed off a few teams! Ireland have just as much chance of winning it as the Windies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

You include England but not Ireland :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭LondonIrish90

Probably Australia imo.

England and New Zealand as dark horses. Obviously hopefully England.

Anybody but South Africa please :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Cricket will be the real winner..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Mongarra

My vote is for India, having seen the main protagonists at least once each, with Australia beaten finalists.

I think England's batting is as good as any (and maybe better later in the order now that Eoin Morgan has arrived) but their bowling is average. Pakistan are too 'hot and cold' and South Africa will be thereabouts but their choking tradition must have a question mark over their ability to make it all the way. The West Indies are not good enough (and may be - wishful thinking - out of contention after tomorrow!). New Zealand remind me a bit of Pakistan - good in purple patches but not consistent - and Sri Lanka do not seem to be as good this year as in previous tournaments.

I hope I have included all the main contenders. Ireland is not included although it would be fantastic to see it. I feel we do not have the strength in depth and if TJ and Andre (latter may be fit tomorrow) are out our bowling is a bit thin. We also need Stirling to click in a decent opening partnership in each game as we cannot expect a KOB-type innings from someone every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭DubCul

A final with India/Sri Lanka would be fabulous.

Like to see India win as it would be fitting for the best batsman of modern times (Tendulkar) to be a WC winner.

Finally, very proud of Ireland's cricketers, as I was in last WC.:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I'm going with Australia. I just can't see anyone beating them.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭reb73

A bit strange no one has South Africa, perhaps the hype about them being big game chokers has many takers:rolleyes:

I reckon its gonna be an NZ-SA final.. Wonder what odds I'd get for this unlikely match-up:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Australia, just things started to click and the addition of Mike Hussey plus all their players can actually move in the field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

India (and i hope so), other finalist will be one from NZ/AUS/Sri Lanka. Not hugely convinced by England or SA by any means

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

Heart - India
    Mind - Australia

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

india...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

Pakistan always have a disastrous run in world competitions or get to the final. They're safely through so I back Pakistan to win. Watch out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

DH2K9 wrote: »
    Pakistan always have a disastrous run in world competitions or get to the final. They're safely through so I back Pakistan to win. Watch out.

I have a sneaky bet on them before this began so hopefully you are right.:)

However I feel they need the top 3 to contribute much more than they have. Without them they can't win it.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Will be one of India Australia or South Africa imo

Tahir has given SA a seriously balanced attack, I think Australia relying totally on pace will eventually be their undoing and India have got to be in the mix

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Hope Inida wins this world cup. It would be great to see Sachin lifting the world cup in his last ever World cup.

Such a great player..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

Should have put money on it :rolleyes:

Advertisement