Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statements..

Options
  • 09-03-2011 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if its possible to get ones bank (in my case AIB) to produce a statement only showing a specific number of transactions?

In my case I need to prove I have been paying rent each month, but I dont particularly want to hand over the details of all my other transactions.

Ta for any info!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

you could try asking for a receipt from your landlord?
    if it's a standing order or direct on your account you could maybe ask your bank for a summary of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭DAT64

If you have online banking some banks can allow you to customise your statement only showing lodgements or withdrawals.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

you cant get specific tranasactions, you may have to print your statement and black out your transactions which you dont wat to give him or maybe call into bank and see if they can give you some kind of letter stating that you paid it each month and it has gone through etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Doop

Cheers lads, yeah I tried online but only lets you go back about 6 weeks... which is pretty useless.

It aint a SO or DD either I just did a manual payment online each month. The landlord is pretty laidback (also probably not registered) so asking for a receipts would be a non-starter, prob be waiting months on end. (its not him I have to prove im paying rent too, its a local authority)

I might black out the other transactions on the paper statements, but I just dont want them in turn, asking what I have I got to hide?!!

I'm going to drop into the bank tomorrow and see if theres anything they can give me.

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

u could also request from the bank a copy of the lodgement docket used to lodge to the landlords account

• Advertisement
Advertisement