Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac and Samsung Galaxy S

Options
  • 09-03-2011 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi folks. I have just bought a Samsung Galaxy S but am just wondering how do I get my Mac to acknowledge its presence when I connect it with the USB. Also, is there any way to transfer iTunes music to an Android phone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭valdigre

Hey man.

What do you mean, acknowledge it's presence? You mean to connect it as a storage device?

You have to go to Settings -> Wireless and network -> USB settings and set it to Ask on connection. After that, every time you connect your phone to a PC or Mac it will ask you, what mode you want to choose.
    Just choose Mass storage, and your internal memory plus sd card should be mounted on the PC and available for use.

For syncing iTunes I use an app called iSyncr with iSyncr Wifi addon.
    Does the job, however sometimes it doesn't add playlists properly to phones music player, but I can live with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Sleuthy wrote: »
    Also, is there any way to transfer iTunes music to an Android phone?

Drag and drop? :)

Or use wireless sync app to sync itunes to your phone

Mmm generally OEM's that dont make the iPhone dont make phone suites for macs

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Sleuthy

Thanks for the info but still no further forward. I have plugged in the Samsung with the USB. When I look at the network connection on the Mac it is showing the phone but is saying that it isn't connected. Help!

valdigre wrote: »
    Hey man.

What do you mean, acknowledge it's presence? You mean to connect it as a storage device?

You have to go to Settings -> Wireless and network -> USB settings and set it to Ask on connection. After that, every time you connect your phone to a PC or Mac it will ask you, what mode you want to choose.
    Just choose Mass storage, and your internal memory plus sd card should be mounted on the PC and available for use.

For syncing iTunes I use an app called iSyncr with iSyncr Wifi addon.
    Does the job, however sometimes it doesn't add playlists properly to phones music player, but I can live with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭valdigre

Well, there is a couple of steps:

1) Connect phone to mac via cable
    2) When it is connected, the phone will ask you what mode you want it to connect, choose mass storage.
    3) Another screen on the phone will pop out after that, with a yellow robot and a button below, don't remember what the button says, but I think "mount storage" or something like that.

Unless you select this button, it will not mount internal memory and sd card on Mac.

My late 2010 Macbook pro sees Galaxy S with no problems.

Advertisement