Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which days of week for part-time MSc in Computer Science (Negot.)?

Options
  • 09-03-2011 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi guys,

I am planning to apply for part-time MSc in Computer Science course at UCD and need to know which days of week classes are, so I can negotiate my study leave(s) with my boss. Does anybody have hands-on experience with this? Somebody who studied it before/studies it now? I think I am not that lucky to have courses in evenings or weekends :D

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

yep - totally depends on the modules you chose. Some modules are evenings, others are during the day. Very hard to plan in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭graduate

yep - totally depends on the modules you chose. Some modules are evenings, others are during the day. Very hard to plan in advance.

Apart from Comp Sci and Informatics modules, some of these modules come from Mathematical Sciences, some from Information Systems or Business Analytics etc. The strength of this programme is its diversity and flexibility, but this means that the timetable is inevitably a bit fragmented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 morb

Thank you all for answers. Does anybody study/studied part-time Computer Science at UCD so he could share his experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Paddy Orwell

Would also be interested to hear from anyone who has experience of this course - especially those who might have opted for an analytics type stream (some stats, a bit of programming, data mining etc).
    Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭david4791

The Msc Computer Science UCD is full time only.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 morb

david4791 wrote: »
    The Msc Computer Science UCD is full time only.

I have got Letter of Offer from UCD two weeks ago accepting my application for M.Sc. in Computer Science by Negotiated Learning Part-Time (explicitly saying that). Also you can check on UCD webpage that they offer M.Sc. CS as a part-time programme. david4791, can you provide any evidence to support your claim?

Advertisement