Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tutorial - How to port forward Huawei D100 router

Options
  • 09-03-2011 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

For a long while I was trying to port forward my Huawei D100 router so I could download torrents. It came to the point where I didn't think it was even possible. Huawei and 3 broadband don't provide any decent support for it.

But I can confirm that the D100 can be port forwarded and you can download torrents using it.

This is how I did it:

(1) Set a static IP address for your computer. I'm using a Mac so I followed this process, and set up it up like this:
    01staicipnew.png

Also if you are on 3 mobile , I'd recommend using a different DNS server. I use OpenDNS, (but a different DNS isn't crucial to port forwarding the D100 )

(2) Login to your D100 [ http://192.168.1.1/ ]. Select Security then Virtual Server. From the Virtual Server menu select:

Protocol: Both [I selected both to be safe, but I'm not 100% sure if Both are necessary]
    Name: Torrent Port Forward [any name will do]
    IP Address: 192.168.1.105 [This is the Static IP that you gave your computer. Pick any one from between 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.254]
    Common port: [Ignore this]
    WAN Port: [ Enter the port you want forwarded here. I got my port number from my BitTorrent client Transmission. It has a feature that will generate a random port number for you]
    LAN Port: [enter the same port as WAN Port]

IMPORTANT: make sure you select OK first, then hit Apply [If you hit Apply first nothing happens. I went around in circles doing this!]

02virtualserver.png

After a couple of seconds the new details of your Virtual Server should be displayed at the bottom:

03virtualserveredit.png

(3) Got to your operating system's firewall (if it is on) and allow your BitTorrent client (mine is Transmission):

04firewalledit.png

Transmission has a feature in the preferences where it will confirm if the port has been forwarded correctly:
    05transmission.png

Advertisement