Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physiotherapy

Options
  • 09-03-2011 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi Folks,

I have read on some of the university websites that physiotherapy is free for UK/EU citizens, with the NHS covering fees. I have also read peoples posts on this site about getting their fees paid. However I'm totally confused as I looked up the NHS website and they say that bursaries are only payable to residents of the UK? I would appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this as I have checked the NHS website and I can't figure out how this works? I have a degree from a UL already so would this have any affect on getting my fees paid if I was eligible?

Thanks a mil for your help :-)

ha_thumbsup_gray.gif 0
    ha_thumbsdn_gray.gif 0

puternic View Public Profile Find all posts by puternic
    post_old.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

The fees and bursary are two separate things. The bursary is sort of like our maintenance grant - money you live on while you're studying. The fees are separate. In general the university places are funded by the NHS. So, no fee liability for the student. From the NHS BSA website (link here) "An EU national on the first day of the first academic year of the course and attending an eligible course in England (entitled to tuition fee support only)"

The NHS bursary is a different thing with residency conditions and thus ROI students aren't eligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Puternice

Thanks a mil Pow Wow for clearing that up for me, much appreciated:)

Advertisement